Sunday, June 20, 2010

My Mistake But......





DUE TO ISSUES WITH PHOTOBUCKET ALL OF MY CONTENT, PICS OTHER BLOG POSTS HAVE BEEN MOVED TO journalofmicrotom.blogspot.com. PLEASE GO TO MY OTHER SITE TO SEE ALL PICS.

The boat is pretty much swamped. You really have to click on the top image to see how bad it is. We had some heavy, heavy thunderstorms Saturday night and my boat was parked on the beach. We were having a good time in the club house and I didn't even think that the boat might fill up with water but it did. I should have pulled the plug in the back of the cockpit and let is self bail while it rained but I didn't.

In the top picture I thought I was going to be okay and not have any water in the hull because the cover was on tight but I was wrong. The boat must have filled up enough to overflow into the hull. I didn't take the cover off to check until after the second picture and the boat was on the trailer. I probably had 20 - 30 gallons in the boat. There is no plug to drain the hull in my boat. I am not sure if that is a feature of all Sea Pearls but I can tell you that it sucked. I had to first bail with a small bucket and then use a towel. Probably 30 - 40 minutes to get the majority of the water out of the boat. Next time I will keep a siphon hose around. Long term I will be adding a plug.

No comments:

Post a Comment