Friday, September 10, 2010

St Johns Trip - Update 5

DUE TO ISSUES WITH PHOTOBUCKET ALL OF MY CONTENT, PICS OTHER BLOG POSTS HAVE BEEN MOVED TO journalofmicrotom.blogspot.com. PLEASE GO TO MY OTHER SITE TO SEE ALL PICS.

Well  it's finally here. Our last day. Johanthan and I elected to take out at different locations. He headed to Sanford and the Lake Monroe public boat ramp where his family would pick him up. I choose to go up the Wekiva River because Wekiva Island is only a mile from my home. Its a 15 mile run up river. The Wekiva has a good flow to it and can be a little tricky to navigate due to submerged logs and and lots of eel grass getting rapped around the prop. But its a place I know very well so I was sure it would be a relaxing trip.

Not really much to report. Just a few pictures of the river, Wekiva Falls and arriving at Wekiva Marina.Total time to get up the river was just over 4 hours. Distance was 15.1 miles. I arrived at noon just a head of some light rain.

Mark 96. Entrance to the Wekiva.
Check out the bottles.
Entrance to Wekiva Falls.
Cool tree.
Wekiva Island


Thanks for reading my trip blog. I had a lot of fun making the trip and sharing it. A big thanks to Johnathan for inviting me along. I would have never considered a trip of this magnitude on the St Johns. Especially the distance covered. I learned a lot about Sea Pearl 21 sailboats and the St Johns too.

Trip Distance Log

Camp Holly @ 192   (Mile 0)
520 Bridge 28.7 Miles
528 Bridge 37.4 Miles
50 Bridge  50.8 Miles
46 Bridge  72. 5 Miles
46/Lake Jessup   91 Miles
415 Bridge 94 Miles
I4 Bridge 101.3 Miles
Wekiva River  107.5 Miles
44 Bridge 120.3 Miles
Deleon Springs 135.1 Miles
44 Bridge 152.4 Miles
Wekiva River 165.2 Miles
Wekiva Island (Tom) 180 Miles
Sanford Lake Monroe Public Boat Ramp (Johnathan) 176 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment